(ABN 79 634 223 635).
What is personal information?
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not, and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
How do we collect your personal information?
We may collect these types of personal information directly from you when you:
- use our website;
- enquire about or attend our events;
- register or purchase a ticket for one of our events;
- communicate with us – for example via email, letters, and social networking sites (eg Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn); or
- interact with our advertising and marketing campaigns.
We may also receive your personal information indirectly from:
- the person who has registered you as an attendee or otherwise arranged for you to attend one of our events, on your behalf; and/or
- third party market research companies (or similar) who have supplied your personal information to us – for example, information they have sourced from the public domain (for example, social networking sites where you have publicly shared your contact information).
What personal information do we collect?
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- your name, date of birth, mailing or street address, country of residence, email address, personal and work telephone number, and other contact details;
- your job title, place of employment, and the industry you work in;
- your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- details of the services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those services and respond to your enquiries;
- any information that you provide to us when requesting an appointment through our website;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly or indirectly through our website; and/or
- any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
Why do we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- in the course of providing event services to you and other attendees of the event;
- to process ticket orders;
- to provide appropriate information about our event to you, including in response to any request for information made by you;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimise our website, services and user-experience – such as to perform research and analytics;
- for advertising and marketing purposes;
- to send you communications regarding an event and special offers from us, our event partners and/or sponsors;
- to send you marketing and promotional messages, and other information that may be of interest to you;
- to administer rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners;
- to provide registration information and attendee lists to the owner of the event venue, event partners and/or sponsors;
- to provide information credit reporting agencies and courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities if you fail to pay for the services we have provided;
- to courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities, and law enforcement officers as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; and
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our website users or clients, and enforce our agreements with third parties.
We may also disclose your personal information to a trusted third party who also holds other information about you. This third party may combine that information in order to enable it and us to develop anonymised consumer insights so that we can better understand your preferences and interests, personalise your experience and enhance the products and services that you receive.
When no longer required by us, unless required by law to retain it, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify your personal information securely.
Do we use your personal information for direct marketing?
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about us and our services. This may take the form of emails, SMS, mail or other forms of communication. You may opt-out of receiving marketing communications and information from us using the contact information below (see Contact us) or by using the opt-out facilities provided (eg an unsubscribe link).
To whom do we disclose your personal information?
- third party suppliers – including technology and software providers that we rely on to operate our website, events and everyday business activities;
- third party payment service providers that we rely on to process your payments to us;
- event venue owners or operators – to the extent reasonably required to provide the event and related services, and ensure the safety, enjoyment and wellbeing of all attendees at the relevant event;
- event partners and sponsors;
- our employees, for administrative purposes;
- our existing or potential agents, business partners or partners;
- sponsors or promoters of any competition that we conduct via our services;
- anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred;
- specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us; and/or
- other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
Disclosure and transfer of personal information outside Australia
We may disclose personal information outside of Australia to the following third parties:
- technology and software suppliers located in the United States of America;
- event partners and sponsors located in Singapore, India and the United States of America.
We may also transfer your personal information outside of Australia if required for the purposes set out above. This may include countries which do not provide the same level of protection as the privacy laws of Australia. Where applicable, we will make any such international transfers subject to appropriate or suitable safeguards as required by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 or other relevant laws. This may include entering into the EU Standard Contractual Clauses which are available here https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-transfers-outside-eu/model-contracts-transfer-personal-data-third-countries_en. You may contact us at any time using the contact details below if you would like further information on these safeguards (see Contact us).
When you provide your personal information to us, you consent to the disclosure and/or transfer of your information outside of Australia and acknowledge that we are not required to ensure that overseas recipients handle that personal information in compliance with the Privacy Act. We will, however, take reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas recipient will deal with such personal information in a way that is consistent with the Privacy Act (including the Australian Privacy Principles).
Using our website and cookies
We may collect personal information about you when you use and access our website. While we do not use browsing information to identify you personally, we may record certain information about your use of our website, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit and the internet protocol address assigned to your computer.
We may also use ‘cookies’ or other similar tracking technologies on our website that help us track your website and/or mobile app usage and remember your preferences. Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, mobile phone or other device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognise you across different websites, services, devices and/or browsing sessions. You can disable cookies, but our website may not work as intended for you if you do so.
We may also use the Google Ads service to enable remarketing services, and Google UserID, demographic and interest reports. Information about you regarding your web usage behaviour is held by Google. Information from Google’s UserID service may be connected to other data that we hold about you.
Our Service may also use Facebook pixels for conversion tracking and custom audiences, in accordance with Facebook’s terms which can be viewed here https://www.facebook.com/customaudiences/app/tos/?ref=u2u.
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and accidental loss, as well as unauthorised access, use, destruction, modification or disclosure and we use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information. In particular:
- personal information collected in relation to registrations, credit card payments and personal credit card details is stored using Aventri registration technology. Aventri is certified as a PCI DSS Level 1 compliant, providing the highest level of security demanded by the payment card industry;
- personal information collected as part of our administration, sales and marketing activities is stored on Salesforce, which is secured using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to protect your personal information using both server authentication and data encryption;
- access to our information systems is controlled through password protection;
- we require clients, event attendees and website users to not take any action that would constitute a breach of the privacy rights of an individual in our Terms and Conditions available at https://b2bmarketingleaders.com.au/terms-and-conditions/; and
- we require event sponsors that might have access to your personal information to enter into a binding legal contract with us which requires them to acknowledge that your information is confidential and requiring the sponsor to take reasonable steps to protect the confidentiality of such information.
However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
Your rights under the GDPR
Individuals residing in the EU, have certain rights as to how Personal Data (as that term is defined under the GDPR) is obtained and used. We comply with the principles of data protection set out in the GDPR.
- Access: you have the right to ask us for copies of your Personal Data;
- Rectification: you have the right to ask us to rectify your personal data you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete your personal data if you think it is incomplete;
- Erasure: you have the right to ask us to erase your Personal Data;
- Restriction of processing: you have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data; and
- Data Portability: you have the right to ask that we transfer the personal Data you gave us to another organisation, or to you.
These rights are not absolute, and some only apply in certain circumstances. You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights.
If you wish to make a request in relation to any of these rights, please contact us using the below contact information (see Contact us). If you make a request in relation to these rights, we have one month to respond to you.
Lawful basis for processing your Personal Data
We collect, use, store and process Personal Data where we have a lawful basis to do so. The lawful basis for which we collect your Personal Data depends on the data we collect and how we use it. We will only collect and use your Personal Data where:
- the processing of your Personal Data is necessary to for the performance of an agreement with you to provide products and/or services, including to provide you with customer support and access to our events.
We will not process any of your Personal Data that is considered “sensitive data” under the GDPR unless we have obtained your explicit consent, or if it is being collected subject to and in accordance with the GDPR.
If you have consented to our use of your Personal Data for a specific purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time by contact us using the below contact information (see Contact us) or by using the opt-out facilities provided (eg an unsubscribe link).
Accessing or correcting your personal information
You can access the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the below contact information (see Contact us). Sometimes, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your personal information and, where this is the case, we will tell you why. We reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee for searching for, and providing access to, your information on a per-request basis. We may also need to verify your identity when you request your personal information.
If you think that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the below contact information and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
Making a complaint
If you think we have breached the Privacy Act, or you wish to make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information, you can contact us about your complaint using the below contact information. Please include your name, email address and/or telephone number and clearly describe your complaint. We will acknowledge your complaint and respond to you regarding your complaint within a reasonable period of time. If you think that we have failed to resolve the complaint satisfactorily, please let us know and we will provide you with information about the further steps you can take.
Should you have any concerns, or wish to exercise your rights in relation to our collection and/or processing of your Personal Data, then in addition to the above process you have the right to complain to a supervisory authority, within the meaning of the GDPR.
By mail: Privacy Officer
B2B Marketing Leaders Forum Pty Ltd
Suite 128, 117 Old Pittwater Road
Brookvale NSW 2100
By email: email@example.com