CEO/CMO Panel – CMOs at the leadership table and beyond
CEOs that recognise that marketing operates as profit (not cost) centre give their CMO a seat at the leadership table. In order to get there, marketers need to provide a clear view of marketing’s contribution to revenue, growth and bottom line results.
The increasingly larger role of marketing leaders today to take ownership of the customer journey and leading digital transformation provides increased opportunities for future CMOs to move closer to the CEO role.
- CMOs need to understand that most CEOs have a direct obligation to their board to drive a growth agenda
- Finding the right metrics – what does commercial acumen as a CMO look like?
- What does it take to transform your team from a perceived cost centre to a business-leading profit centre?
- Putting analytically-centred marketers in strategic roles and making them strategic P&L leaders who “own” brand results and are accountable for total business results
- How being data and revenue driven brings power and is helping CMOs gain more weight around the CXO table – aligning marketing metrics to business financials
- Customers rule. Being customer-centred, gives you the ability to generate innovation-creating insights
- The power of customer leadership – how customer engagement and insight needs to be at the heart of your leadership success
- The journey from CMO to CEO